How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
For the most part, original equipment manufacturer tires and other high-quality tires last about 50,000 miles. How long will your tires last? The details laid out by our expert team at Honda of Lincoln near Omaha should be a good guide. Feel free to contact our service center or tire center with any questions!
What Factors Affect Tires Life Expectancy?
Plenty of factors will affect the lifespan of your tires as you drive down Gretna roads. If you’re wondering, “How many miles do tires last?” or “How many miles should tires last?”, take note of these factors:
- Type of tire: High-performance tires have extra grip, but may wear faster than all-season tires, which have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires also come with a treadwear rating that rates the life expectancy of tire tread.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles, because of where the main power for forward motion is delivered.
- Road conditions: If you have to drive on gravel or dirt roads regularly, or you encounter construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice on a frequent basis, your tires will take more of a beating. If you plan to use your vehicle for off-roading, this will make a big difference, as well.
- Terrain: If you live in an area with inclines on the roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the vehicle than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes will wear out your tires faster than accelerating gradually and letting coasting do some of the braking work.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
By changing your habits, like being more cautious on Bellevue roads, you can extend the life of your tires. Here are some more tire tips:
- Inspect the air pressure on your tires regularly. If you don’t have an electronic monitor, check it when you fill up at gas stations. Most stations have inflation stations.
- Check the tire tread depth regularly and note the amount of tire tread wear.
- Rotate your tires for a more even distribution of wear.
- Never miss regular maintenance on your vehicle.
Take Care of Your Tires at Honda of Lincoln!
Do you have more questions about tire lifespan, brake lifespan, or changing oil, the Honda Maintenance Minder system, or any other car-related maintenance? The Honda of Lincoln technicians are happy to answer additional questions. Feel free to reach out. Need to have some quick maintenance done? Take advantage of our service quick drop. Before stopping by, don’t forget to check out our service specials!