2021 Honda Pilot MPG
Looking for a 3-row SUV that can take you further in Omaha on each gallon of fuel? The EPA estimates the Honda Pilot mpg at 20 city / 27 highway*, for FWD models. Even AWD configurations earn up to 19 city and 26 highway mpg*. Join Honda of Lincoln below as we explore Honda Pilot fuel economy features, performance specs, and more!
Honda Pilot Fuel Economy and Engine Options
The 2021 Pilot comes standard with a muscular 3.5L V6 engine that generates up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. That kind of power is all the more impressive when you consider the rather thrifty Honda Pilot mpg specs. Below, take a look at how the Honda Pilot fuel economy varies depending on the drivetrain and configuration you choose:
- Available on the Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring:2WD with the 9-speed automatic transmission — 20 mpg city and 27 mpg highway*
- Available on the Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring: AWD with the 9-speed automatic transmission — 19 mpg city and 26 mpg highway*
- Available on the Honda Pilot Elite, and Black Edition: AWD with the 9-speed automatic transmission — 19 mpg city and 26 mpg highway*
Technology Features for Enhanced Honda Pilot Fuel Economy
What’s behind the stellar Honda Pilot MPG? A variety of advanced technology systems work throughout the vehicle to optimize fuel use. Here are just a few of the standard technologies the Pilot uses to stay efficient:
- Eco Assist™ System — Eco Assist™ employs a Driver Feedback System to inform the driver of fuel use status in real time, helping you to develop more efficient driving habits. The system also offers an ECON driving mode, which changes or limits some energy-consuming operations to improve fuel economy.
- Intelligent Traction Management and Intelligent Variable Torque Management All-Wheel Drive — Intelligent AWD monitors driving conditions and sends power just to the wheels that need it. When conditions are good, it automatically limits power to the front axle to save fuel.
- HondaLink — This system keeps you connected to important resources while you drive, from nearby certified Honda service centers and gas stations to your vehicle’s regular service schedule.
To learn more about Eco Assist™, navigate to the “Shared Technologies” section of our Honda Tech Tutor tool. Explore other Honda Pilot technologies like Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Radio Presets on our Honda How-To page.
Your New Honda Pilot is Waiting At Our Lincoln Showroom
Now that you know what kind of performance you can expect from a new Honda Pilot, why not explore what’s inside the cabin? Calculate your monthly payments to explore all the active safety features, like Honda LaneWatch™ and Forward Collision Warning, that are accessible at your preferred price point. Interested Gretna and Bellevue-area drivers can contact us today to learn more!
*20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
More From Honda of Lincoln
If you’re in need of a family van around Omaha that can also help you bring even more on your next trip, then you’re sure to appreciate the new 2022 Honda Odyssey towing capacity. So, how much can a Honda Odyssey tow? The 2022 Honda Odyssey towing package delivers up to 3,500 pounds of strength…
Honda cars are known for their outstanding fuel economy on Omaha roads, and if you’re interested in experiencing even more savings in your next compact sedan, then you’re sure to be impressed by the 2022 Honda Insight gas mileage. Sporting two impressive mpg ratings that you can count on for years to come, and backed…
In addition to enjoying a great fuel efficient performance from your next Honda SUV on Omaha roads, the 2022 Honda HR-V interior delivers all the accommodations you need to keep moving with ease. Upgrade your daily commute with the stunning HR-V cargo space as well as its exciting standard and available features to keep…