Honda Continues to Dominate as Number One Brand in 2020 Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards
- 6-time winner Civic continues unbroken streak in compact car category
- Accord, CR-V, and Odyssey each 5-time class champions
- Clarity PHEV wins in new Plug-In Hybrid Car category for its third Best Buy trophy
Honda is once again the top-winning brand in the annual Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards, earning wins in more categories than any other brand, led by the 2020 Honda Civic as a 6-time winner in the Compact Car category. For the 2020 Best Buy awards, Civic was joined by Accord, CR-V, and Odyssey, which have each won their respective categories in five of the past six years, and by the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, repeating its class victory for a third time.
Honda’s 2020 Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Award wins include:
- 2020 Honda Civic – Compact Car: Calling it the “benchmark for the compact car segment,” Kelley Blue Book editors praised Civic’s blend of sport and practicality, along with its variety of choices in body styles, trims and engines (6-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Accord – Midsize Car: Singled out as the “quintessential family car,” Kelley Blue Book editors noted that Accord continues to deliver on high expectations, with comfortable ride and capable performance, excellent value, and handsome styling (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda CR-V – Compact SUV: The recently refreshed 2020 CR-V stood out to Kelley Blue Book editors with its clean styling, comfortable and roomy interior, easy-to-drive demeanor, and highly anticipated new CR-V Hybrid model, coming early in 2020 (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Odyssey – Minivan: The Odyssey’s safety technology and performance, long-term value, 8-person capacity, and refined driving manners continue to make it a top pick in the Minivan category (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid – Plug-In Hybrid Car: Praised for its driving dynamics, roomy interior and plug-in powertrain, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid has won a Best Buy Award for three straight years.
The Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards are the result of a yearlong process of expert evaluation and testing of nearly every new vehicle available in the U.S. Criteria include vehicle pricing, 5-Year Cost-to-Own data, consumer reviews and ratings, and vehicle sales information.
Honda offers a full line of reliable, fuel-efficient and fun-to-drive vehicles with advanced safety technologies sold through over 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The Honda lineup includes the Fit, Civic, Insight, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for more than 35 years and currently operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2018, more than 90 percent of all Honda brand vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
For More Information
Additional media information including detailed pricing features and high-resolution photography of all 2020 Honda models is available at hondanews.com. Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com. To join the Honda community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/honda.
Read at Hondanews.com
# # #